AR500 Armor® Level III Back Plate Body Armor
Purposely designed to be used as a back plate in your plate carrier capable of accepting 10” x 12 body armor. AR500 Armor® Level III Back Plate body armor offers the same ballistic protection as our ASC line with the benefit of increased coverage. Utilizing a back plate affords you additional coverage from the back side of your plate carrier. Please note that your plate carrier must be compatible with a rectangular back plate cut. Please see the carrier compatibility list below. We do not recommend using a Back Plate in the front of your plate carrier unless you’re willing to forego comfort and ergonomics while shouldering your rifle.
Available in: our 10” x 12” Back Plate Cut.
Carrier Compatibility: XL, Testudo™ Gen 2, Concealment, Operator II®, Emergency Personal Carrier (EPC), and ESCORT
Weight (+/- 10% for PAXCON coating):
- 10” x 12” Size Plate – 8.0lb
Profile: Thin 0.26” profile (Base Coat), 0.48” profile (Build-Up)
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor Specifications
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- PAXCON abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!
Looking for protection against high velocity threats such as M193? Look into our level III+ body armor, which is special threated tested to M193 at velocities up to 3,100 feet per second. http://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-body-armor/level-iii-body-armor-en.html
Proudly Manufactured in our Phoenix, Arizona facility from start to finish.
AR500 Armor® Level III Square Back Plate 10" x 12"
MANUFACTURER AR500 Armor LEADTIME 3 Weeks ARMOR LEVEL Level III ARMOR THREAT RATING Level III multi-hit protection against 7.62 mm FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147gr) and a velocity of 2780 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s). DIMENSIONS 10" x 12" ARMOR CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL Ballistic steel core ARMOR SHELF LIFE 20 Years THICKNESS 0.26"